Monday, July 30, 2007

Bass or not?

I gotta write down something weird that happened to me today before I forget, although I doubt that's possible. So, I was listening to Carlos Santana's "Maria Maria," and all of a sudden, the major vein in my left arm--
Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Have you ever donated blood before? Ya know the vein they draw blood from, right in the crook of your elbow? Yeah, well, that's the vein I mean.
--started pulsing. Every time with the beat of the bass guitar, or the drums, I'm not sure which. Anyways, I could feel it pulsing, matching the beat's rhythm perfectly. So, I turned the music off and the thick pulsing in my arm stopped. Turned it back on and it started pulsing again. Matching the beat perfectly, again.
Was it the bass that made my vein do that? 'Cause I did have it almost all the way up on the speakers. Or was it just some freak of nature thing? 'Cause God knows I have enough of those experiences. I am my own Freak of Nature. Tell me what you think.

No comments: