Monday, July 30, 2007

Loss

There she goes again
Look! Can you see her run?
Run away from me
Back to the flames
Of guilt that
Consumes her dignity
Lost in the fire
Lost in the pain
Lost in the darkness
That is pulling her down
Down farther away from me

There she goes again
Look! Can you see her fall?
Into that hole of misery
Now her life will
Never be the same
My love has fled
Across the barren fields
The empty deserts
The lifeless sea
The lonely mountains
While the sun hides

There she goes again
Look! Can you see her rise?
From the ashes of her old self
She glances at me
But I don’t see
I’m too busy picking up
The pieces of my shattered heart
That broke apart
The moment she went away
The bridge of trust
Has fallen in the river of loss
Formed by my tears

Here I go again
Look! Can you see me fall?
Into the hands of distress
Tell me why it has
To be this way
Where everything hurts
I feel my life
Slipping through my fingers
I’m losing control
Over everything I once held onto
Since you walked away

No comments: