Friday, August 17, 2007

Chosen

This poem came to me one day, very strongly. I pulled out a pen and started writing without really knowing what I was actually writing. Suddenly, my pen dropped from my fingers and whatever had been flowing through me abruptly ended. It felt like someone had been passing a cord through the lower part of my sternum--which I later learned is where my (and everyone else's) solar plexus is located--and had been cut so it was no longer passing through me. I looked down and read what I had written, and wondered, "Where the hell did that come from?" I have yet to figure it out... but here it is. I hope you guys enjoy it.

The sky is dark

The air cloudy
The Gods are angry
Lightning splits the sky
Thunder shakes the ground
Fire spews in the distance
Ashes fall to the grass
Silence ensues

The Sea pulls itself
Away from the shore
Running… hiding…
The Clouds part
And the Stars reach down
The rocky seabed
Shimmers in the Stars’ light

They swarm around us, around me
Lifting me… carrying me…
Away from it all
I watch the Others as they stand still
And they raise their hands in farewell

The air clears
The fire darkens
The Sea returns
They have Chosen
I am Chosen

No comments: