Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Things People Think I Know (Part I)

People who have read my blog will be under the impression that I have a vast amount of information about the ethereal. That's a mistake. Although I do know about some things, such as imprints, astral projection, spirit guides, and what Sylvia Browne calls "Kinetic energy."
First, let me explain what she's talking about when she mentions "Kinetic energy," just for clarification. My mum will work as a perfect example. Beware of all things electrical when she's around. No, she doesn't cause TV's to blow up or toaster's to go flying across a room. That's not what happens at all.
One of my favorite stories is when she walked into Best Buy. Yes, you read that right. She went into Best Buy. The store that contains almost every electrical appliance you could think of. Exhausted and in pain from a long day of shopping, she walked through the front doors. A row of 8 TV screens not twenty feet away went from blaring a cleaning-product to screaming static. She stopped mid-step and after a slight pause, grinning, she turned around and walked out of the store. And, of course, the TV's came right back on, static-free. Once more she walked into the store and again the screens changed from advertisements to static. By the fourth time she entered the store, several employees stood in front of the TV's. Some were scratching their heads. Others were standing with their hands on their hips. Two were arguing with each other and vehemently pointing at the screens. They had no idea what was going on.
Another time, my brother, my mum, and I were all in Colorado on vacation. After a long day of driving we stopped at a hotel. Who went in to book a room? My mum, of course. Once more exhausted, she laid her hands on the front desk. A blackout immediately followed. All the lights and computers shut down. Total darkness.
But, out of all the outrageous things that happens around her, there's one that "Takes the cake," as the saying goes. During times of great stress, she'll disappear into the kitchen and smoke a cigarette. Many a time I've gone in there to see what's up because the air feels electrified. There, up on the wall, directly behind her is an Atomic clock. Look it up. I don't really know how to explain how it works, so I'll leave that up to you. But like any normal clock, it takes an hour for the minute hand to circle it once, and a minute for the second hand to do the same. Or it should. Well, not when my mum is around. Minutes will go by like seconds. Hours speed by. Sometimes it's not enough that the clock's hands spin out of control. Sometimes it spins out of control backwards, as if she's trying to turn back time. And in her subconscious, that's probably what she's striving for.
But once more, I've gone off on a tangent and provided more than enough examples. Now let me get down to Sylvia Browne's exact definition of "Kinetic energy," (just in case I haven't explained it in a way you can understand.)
"Kinetic energy," Sylvia writes, "is the unintentional, spontaneous manipulation of inanimate objects through no obvious physical means. It causes it's possessor (person of choice) to become some kind of a walking force field through no fault of their own (unintentionally.)
"Kinetic energy," she goes on to say, "is often at its strongest when the body is going through dramatic hormonal changes—during prepubescence or puberty, for example, or in pregnant or menopausal women. But it can manifest itself in young children, too..."
In my mum, it seems to come at times when the stress in her life has become concentrated inside and needs to be released. I'm not sure how she does this, perhaps my examples are explanation enough, but because I do not know for sure, it's clear that there may be other reasons for the electronics to go haywire.
Well, I have to split so I'll add more later. Hopefully I can get on tomorrow.
~Excerpts from Visits from the Afterlife: The Truth About Hauntings, Spirits, and Reunions with Lost Loved Ones by Sylvia Browne~

No comments: