Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ghosts and Spirits

I need to get one thing clear here. Most people confuse spirits with ghosts and vice versa. Spirits and ghosts are not alike in any way.
First of all, ghosts don't have the slightest idea that they are dead. Instead of "going into the tunnel of light" as I call it, they turn away and ignore its existence. As a result, ghosts remain earthbound for reasons of their own. Some might think that God is upset with them. Others might stay behind to get revenge. They're confused, lonely, and sometimes angry. They don't understand why most people ignore them as if they weren't there. In all actuality, people don't see them because, technically, they're neither really here nor there.
This is because when souls leave their bodies, they also leave this dimension.
Sylvia Browne talks about three dimensions. “Earth's dimension, ghosts' dimension, and the dimension of Home.” What she calls Home, others call Heaven. Earth's dimension is, of course, the dimension of humans. Ghosts' dimension is the dimension where ghosts are stuck in their own point in time. Home (aka Heaven) is where Spirits (souls) go when their earthly domain (body) has expired.
One of the biggest differences (not to mention the easiest way to tell the distinction between the two) between spirits and ghosts is that spirits will appear in perfect health. Ghosts on the other hand, show visible signs of any injuries, deformities, or illnesses they had when they were alive. I'll give you two examples, one of an encounter with a spirit, and one with a ghost. These are derived from my own personal experiences.
My Grandmother had died when my brother and I were just nine years old. Her health had deteriorated surprisingly fast. By the time she left her body and went “Home” she was so skinny she resembled a skeleton. That's all I remembered of what she looked like. I've tried to picture what she looked like in the past but couldn't. I was meditating the other night—
Excuse the interruption, but I need to make something clear. When I meditate, I mentally put myself in a black-painted room. There are no windows or doors. Just pure darkness and absolute silence. Nothing can get in. Not thoughts, not noise, not anything. So, I was surprised when I found myself outside of that box, and in what seems to be a memory that had slipped away into my subconscious.
Anyways, as I was saying: I was meditating the other night and suddenly I was watching myself, nine years old, standing in the upstairs hallway. It was as if I was having an outer-body experience, but in the past, not the present. I was wearing a long white nightgown, and my dark brown hair was almost to my elbows. But, more surprising than that, was the woman standing several feet in front of my younger-self. It took me a moment to realize that the woman was my grandmother! She was nothing like I remembered her to be. The Grandmother that stood in front of me had honey-colored hair cut just above the shoulders. Her teal eyes watched me (my nine year old self) lovingly. Her physique was full figured and slender, as she had been in life, long before she got sick. Not the skeleton figure I remember. I know now that she was letting me know that she was alright. She radiated comfort, love, and warmth. She's a perfect example of a spirit who made it “Home.”
One night, many years ago, I was rifling through a chest that had been given to me by a close family friend when suddenly, I felt someone standing behind me. It wasn’t a comforting feeling, quite the opposite. I became very unsure, and frightened. I forced myself to turn around, still on my knees. There, before me, stood a young man in a Confederate uniform. He was covered in dirt, as if he had been crawling through wet soil. But the worst of all, was his face. It’s what frightened me the most. The left part of his face was bloodied. Specifically, his entire left cheekbone, his temple, eye and eyebrow, and all the way to his ear was covered in dark red blood. It looked as if he had been standing much too close to an explosion. With his one good eye, he stared at me. Shock, disbelief, and confusion emanated from him, but also irritation. Needless to say, I bolted from the room and refused to sleep there for almost a week. I was camped out on the couch downstairs. That is a perfect example of a ghost, lost and roaming, with no idea where he is or where he's going.
Next time you encounter a spirit or a ghost, you'll know which one you've come across. I hope this was as informative and as useful to you as it has been to me. This knowledge that I've learned over the years has helped me through everything I've experienced and will experience.
Now, before I go, I need to tell you that the house that I've lived in for most of my life is well over 140 years old. It holds a lot of secrets, knowledge, and mysteries. In this three-story Victorian, many souls have entered and left this world. So, it's no surprise to me why the activity is highly concentrated. It's also no surprise why I've had many experiences with imprints, each different and unique. But, that's another story, to be told another time.

No comments: