Thursday, October 4, 2007

I Couldn't Imagine

I couldn't imagine what it would feel like to fall through space, to feel weightless as sweet-smelling air flew by me, or the majestic scene of mountains in the distance or the multi-colored hue of a canyon’s cliffs as the ground came closer and closer.
I couldn't tell you the freedom that'd spread through me if I could be a bird diving through the sky, my wings curled in as I rushed towards the ground then at the last second spread them and soar mere inches off sweet-scented grass or water sparkling like diamonds.
And I couldn’t imagine what it would feel like with your arms wrapped around me, to hear your musical lilting laughter, to be lifted and twirled and tossed in the air only to be caught before I hit the ground. What it would mean to me…
And I couldn’t imagine what it would be like to look into your sky-blue eyes once more, to see them crinkle in mirth, to touch those rosy lips that took my breath away, to hear your murmured whispers that would force me to answer you just so I could hear them again.
What I wouldn’t give to see you again, to touch you again, to hear your voice again.
What I wouldn’t give…

No comments: