Friday, June 6, 2008

A New Dawning

Well, in a little over a week I turn twenty. What a mind-blowing concept. Twenty years old and still kickin'! Ah, maybe that's a little too much due to the fact that I'm not sixty, but hey! I'm still old enough to kick it. Who isn't? Cross the street and get hit by a car. WHAM! Not watching the sidewalk and fall through a manhole. SPLAT! Trip and smack my skull on the pavement. CRUNCH! Fall down the stairs and break my neck. SNAP! Enough examples of death? I think so, too--yet, I could go on! No, I refuse to torture my readers!
Life's too short not to live it.
Enough of that. All in all? Life's been great (or at least lately it has been!). I plan to keep on truckin' for quite some time yet. I can't wait to see what my presents are--20 is a milestone, ya' know! Not quite an adult, more than a teen--what can I say? Gotta turn twenty-one to be able to do whatever I want--within reason, of course! But turning twenty-one doesn't hold glamor for me--I don't drink alcohol, any kind.
I still have the summer of '08 ahead of me. I wonder what will come... what will happen... in the next few months. New experiences, new people, new adventures wait for me in Time's distance. Well, enough said. I think I'm going to go and take a walk on the beach, maybe find some fossils to make into jewelry. See y'all later.

No comments: