Thursday, July 17, 2008

Freak Thunderstorm

We had some kind of freak, massive thunderstorm today. I was mowing the lawn earlier, and planned on finishing what little there was left when suddenly a reverberating CRACK shook the house and the sky opened up. Confused, I looked down at the WeatherBug radar I had just opened. My county was completely void of any blue, or green (or more extreme colored) blobs indicating rain--or in my case, a downpour!
So, what did I do? Well, after putting the lawn mower away--and getting soaked in my "rain-proof" gear in less than ten seconds!--I ran inside and grabbed my camera, then ran back out onto the porch and started recording. I swear, if God was up there bowling, he got plenty of strikes. (You'll even hear me mention that in the video.)

video

When I'm recording on my camera, once I start actually recording, I can't zoom in or out. A big problem. I wanted to get a close up of the rain pounding the sidewalks and literally pouring from my gutters. So I did another quick recording. Here it is.

video

I tried to show how wet I was, but, sadly, I didn't hold the camera far enough away. Sorry! And yes, I do sound like a guy--especially on recordings, but I guarantee you, I'm not. I'm one of those girls who has a more mellow voice rather than a squeal-y one.

No comments: