Thursday, February 18, 2010

Soccer Supporters

Okay, this night was truly awesome.
First, I showed my roommates that I can fight fire with fire. I don't think they know what to do, now. That, alone, would have amused me for the rest of the night. But no! There's MORE!
As I was walking to my Physics Discussion class, I decided I wasn't amused enough, and decided to start passing/kicking a piece of ice between my feet like when I was in soccer and we had to practice pacing a ball between our feet. I looked up just in time, breathless and grinning, to see a very charismatic man go, "Can you pass it me?"
I giggled and inquired, "Do you play soccer?"
"No," he smiled.
"I do!" I giggled and passed him the piece of ice. "Your turn!"

Him and his friend went off passing the piece of ice between each other.
I got to class early, so I waited outside while an earlier course played out.
Fast-foward until halfway through the class. After putting an excruciatingly eye-stabbing diagram on the board, my lips moved without me telling them to. "Oh, good God!" I groaned.
The class--even the professor!--burst out chuckling.
"Aw, it's not so bad," the Professor said, smiling, and thus began to explain the problem.

Fast-forward again. As I was walking to the shuttle stop, a song popped up in my head:
Strollin' along
In my thong
And ain't nothing wrong
'Cause it's just a song!


There's more, but I'll leave it at that. I was in a wacky mood, all right. But I had fun, and that's all that matters.
Again, while waiting at the shuttle stop, I started kicking a piece of ice back and forth. Suddenly, a car horn honked, startling me. I looked up, and two guys, grinning from ear to ear, were shaking their fists, thumbs up, cheering me on. I smiled and waved, and continued on my charade. They drove by AGAIN, later--or it could've been somebody else entirely--and honked at me yet again, as I was still kicking around yet another piece of ice.
What? It's an entirely entertaining way to blow some time.

No comments: